• It is essential that when your child returns to school after being away for any reason that there is a letter to explain the absence. This is to comply with the Government’s requirements to record all unauthorised absences.
• We also ask parents to telephone explaining the absence on the first day by 9.30am.
• If your child needs to leave for any reason a written request would be appreciated at least one day beforehand.
• If a child is not present at registration then he/she will be marked as being absent unless there is a reason given beforehand.
• If no contact is made regarding a child’s absence, they will be marked as an unauthorised absence.
• We ask that children needing to go home outside the usual times should be collected by the parent/carer.
Health and medicines
• If your child is ill or suffers an injury we will do all we can to make them comfortable whilst we contact a parent or other designated adult.
• It is essential that parents inform us whenever emergency contact numbers are change.
• Please let us know if your child has a particular health problem and whether special arrangements have to be made in school.
• Please do not send your child to school if they are unwell. They will not be able to cope with the activities of the day.
• Medicines will be given, if the appropriate form has been completed.
• Medicines should be labelled with the child’s name and correct dosage.
• All medication should be kept in the school office.