Publishers (resources & fun stuff)
Links to publishers. Publishers very often have great resources relating to their books – teacher’s resources, lessons plans, fun activities, etc.
Resources, videos, books by theme, activities, amazing authors and illustrators.
Very useful website with wonderful books and activities for children who struggle to read due to dyslexia or visual stress or for children who generally don’t enjoy reading. Writers and illustrators join Barrington Stoke to publish super-readable, accessible books. Teacher’s resources, books, author information, advice on dyslexia and reading, posters. Picture books, under 5s, Little Gems for 5-8 years, 8-12 years and older.
- Click for website here, containing author videos and teaching guides.
- Click here for resources for teachers, parents and librarians.
- Bloomsbury’s own Youtube channel is here. Author interviews and reading from their books, trailers, book previews.
- Click here for information about J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, discussion guides, the books, fun stuff.
Fun stuff but also with content created by teachers and librarians that have a passion for reading, PDF downloads of chapter-by-chapter guides, schemes of work, videos and useful links to external resources are here to help with class or book club planning.
- 14 Stories in 14 Days - Includes videos and activity sheets focusing on a different book bundle – one title for younger readers and one for older.
- Activities and resources including teacher's resources, lesson plans, activity sheets and posters for you to download and use.
Free resources including activity sheets and cross-curricular lesson plans. Books include: Polar Bear Explorer’s Club, Secrets of a Sun King, Letters from the Lighthouse, The Children of Castle Rock, The Pair Affair, The Iron Man (Chris Mould illustrated edition), Calm Down Zebra, My Hair and more.
Authors reading book extracts, podcasts, games, activities. Authors include Jennifer Killick, Eloise Williams, Shoo Rayner and more.
Website resources (click above) include Oi! Frog and Friends; The Boy at the Back of the Class; The Wizards of Once series and more.
- Home Learning Activities: posters, quizzes, book resources, activities.
- Reading Rocks at Home: series of online lessons and activities to support home learning.
- Tune in to Hachette Schools YouTube Channel.
- Their website is here, where you'll find book extracts, book trailers, resources.
- Their YouTube channel is here, with videos of stories, readings, extracts and authors, including Oliver Jeffers, Eoin Colfer, David Baddiel, Michael Morpurgo, Rob Biddulph, Mary Poppins book, Paddington, Dr Seuss and more.
- Authors reading book extracts, author information, videos, trailers, blogs. Books include Ella on the Outside, My Brother is a Superhero, Max the Detective Cat, No Ballet Shoes in Syria, Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam, Holly Webb books and much more.
- Coronavirus: a Book for Children. The Coronavirus explained in words with illustrations from The Gruffalo illustrator Axel Sheffler.
- On their website (click above) Fun Things to Do, extracts, what should I read next?, articles, games, activities, videos, quizzes, Puffin Storytime, series, recommended reads.
- Puffin’s own YouTube channel – with storytimes for 6-12s and under 5s, how to draw videos, activities and make & do videos, Wimpy Kid, Rick Riordan and more.
Salariya Books (You Wouldn’t Want to Be…series)
Excellent free web books in the series You Wouldn’t Want to Be…series. Web books, authors and illustrators and free resources.
- Click on above heading for loads of fun activities, book and author information and ‘Book Wizard’ to help you choose a book. Fun website.
- Free Resource Packs: Lower KS2 (Year group 3-4) Upper KS2 (Year group 5-6)
- Home Learning Packs: During school closures, the Resource Bank have put together a range of free home learning packs for EYFS, KS1, LKS2 & UKS2 to support teachers and parents.
Tiny Owl produces lovely picture books for all ages, not just younger children. Click on their name above to look at their website. Also, watch and listen to lots of fantastic stories on their YouTube site here.
- Click on above for book and author information. Videos include book trailers, animations and authors and illustrators.
- Teacher’s notes, discussion guides, downloadable activity sheets
- Their Youtube channel.
- Their Picture Book Party, with information about authors and illustrators and loads of Fun Stuff.
Click on above name for their website. Browse books, book trailers, videos, quicklinks/weblinks related to particular books, quizzes on the book, things to do, blogs, book reviews. In-depth teachers' resources to support the Curriculum.