Sports premium (government funding for P.E)
At Parkgate Junior School we have been using our sports premium money to improve the P.E in our school. (The budget for Summer to Summer 2022/23 is £18372.00)
Below are some of the things we have used the money for:
- Teacher CPD (continuing professional development) – we have hired a professional sports coach Miss Santangilo , who delivers high quality P.E. teaching across the school.
- A free multi skills club and a free football club run by Miss Santangilo, our professional sports coach. This has allowed children who may have missed out before, due to financial issues, to take part in sports clubs, taught by a highly trained professionals.
- New P.E equipment and facilities within our playground to encourage children to be active during there break and lunchtimes.
1. Number of pupils taking part in clubs:
|Spring '22||Summer '22|
|Spring '23||Summer '23||Autumn 23|
|21||not on offer||15||20||not on offer||20|
|21||not on offer||21||22||not on offer||not on offer this half term|
|not on offer||19||not on offer||not on offer||13||9|
|not on offer||not on offer||not on offer||11||not on offer||not on offer|
We have a large number of children taking advantage of the wide range of sports clubs on offer.
2. Adaptation of P.E curriculum
Mr Derek’s Multi-skills club – free.
Mr Derek’s football or cricket club - free.
Miss Ryan's netball club - free.
Skills 7 club weekly
Mrs Tearle's Dance club
3. Partnership links
Working within the Future Academies family with links with:
- Holy Rood
We meet two/three times a year at a network meeting where recently we have been sharing ideas of how best to use the sports premium money. We also receive support for organising intra-sport competitions within schools and training from partnership for junior games makers (playleaders) and elite junior games makers.
Inter-sport competitions with above schools:
year 4 tri golf
year 6 netball tournament
year 5 tag rugby
year 3 athletics
year 6 kwick cricket