Sports premium (government funding for P.E)
At Parkgate Junior School we have been using our sports premium money to improve the P.E in our school. (The budget for Summer to Summer 2020/21 is £18386.00)
Below are some of the things we have used the money for:
- Teacher CPD (continuing professional development) – we have hired a professional sports coach Mr Brettell , who delivers high quality P.E. teaching across the school.
- A free multi skills club and a free football club run by Mr Brettell, our professional sports coach. This has allowed children who may have missed out before, due to financial issues, to take part in sports clubs, taught by a highly trained professionals.
- New P.E equipment and facilities within our playground to encourage children to be active during there break and lunchtimes.
Impact of sports premium on clubs for Summer 2021-Summer 2022
1. Number of pupils taking part in clubs:
|Autumn '21||Spring '22|
|not on offer||20||21|
|not on offer due to Covid-19||18||18|
|not on offer due to Covid - 19||20||18|
|21||not on offer||not on offer|
|not on offer||not on offer||not on offer|
We have a large number of children taking advantage of the wide range of sports clubs on offer.
2. Adaptation of P.E curriculum
Mr Brettell’s Multi-skills club – free.
Mr Brettell's football or cricket club - free.
Miss Ryan's netball club - free.
Skills 7 club weekly
*** Sports clubs will be back running from end of Spring term and the Summer term. There is also live after school clubs on the youth sport trust website.***
3. Partnership links
Working within the Francis Combe family with links with:
- Holy Rood
We meet two/three times a year at a network meeting where recently we have been sharing ideas of how best to use the sports premium money. We also receive support for organising intra-sport competitions within schools and training from partnership for junior games makers (playleaders) and elite junior games makers.
Inter-sport competitions with above schools:
year 4 tri golf
year 6 netball tournament
year 5 tag rugby
year 3 athletics
year 6 kwick cricket