Thursday 26th March 2020
Thank you to everyone who has been sending work to us and keeping us updated about what it is you are getting up to. They have all been SUPER! It is also nice to see that many of you have been completing the challenges set on SAM Learning too.
Please make contact with your teacher via email if you have not done so already. Even if it is just to say hello and tell us about what you have been doing this week.
Practise your 3 times tables to get you started today.
Set up a daily 10 challenge using the link below. Practice the 3 times tables and give yourself 5 or less seconds to complete them.
Today we will be creating an Easter egg with flaps that when lifted show multiples.
What is a multiple?
A multiple is a number that can be divided by another number.
- 2 (These are 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, …)
- 5 (These are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, …)
- 10 (These are 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, …)
Today's task is to create a multiplication Easter egg like the one pictured below.
1) Check your SAM Learning account for new tasks to complete on adverbs.
2) Using the sea creature that you created yesterday, write sentences to describe it moving that include adverbs to describe how it moves when coming out of the sea and walking along the beach. You can also include the adjectives you used yesterday too.
The huge creature slithered slowly across the wet sand. It’s thin arms swung tiredly beside its jelly like belly.
See the adverbs word list for more descriptive adverbs.
Research about an author on http://bit.ly/PGSCAuthors
1) Research an author from the site and create a fact file about them. How many books have they written? What inspired them to write? Have you read any of their books?
2) Read a book or chapter from a book by your favourite author.