Tuesday 28th April 2020
Starter 1: Daily 10 – 3 x tables - DIVISION
Starter 2: check answers at the bottom of the page.
1. How many 5s make 45?
2. How many 10s make 70?
3. How many 5p coins do you get for 45p?
4. How many 10p coins do you get for 80p?
5. How many 5m lengths can you cut from 30m of wire?
6. How many 4cm lengths can you cut from 24cm or rope?
Remember to practise your 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8 times tables and related division facts every day for the next few weeks!
Example: 2x2=4; 4/2=2
Today we’ll continue learning how to do division by sharing!
Watch this video to remind yourself about how you can divide by sharing.
Now look at this example:
Remember: when we know the whole and the number of groups but not the size of each group then we are dividing by sharing.
Now try these for today’s task:
Draw the bar model, annotate it and write the appropriate calculation with any known facts.
1) Janet uses 25 lolly sticks to make 8 shapes that are the same. She uses an equal number of lolly sticks for each shape. She has 1 lolly stick left over at the end. Build/draw the shapes she could have made.
2) Mr. Jeffrey collects stamps. He has 32 to stick into his album. He sticks them onto 8 pages and there are an equal number of stamps on each page. How many stamps are on each page? You can use counters (pencils, blocks, buttons).
3) A pet shop has a delivery of 36 chinchillas. They put them into 9 cages with an equal number of chinchillas in each. How many chinchillas are in each cage? – You can use counters (pencils, blocks, buttons).
Answers at the bottom of the page.
Today we are going to plan the explanation we are going to write.
You need to think about what you will write and some vocabulary that you will use.
Here is a plan template to use if you need it or create your own.
Here are a few suggestions about the 2/3 topic headings you may choose to write about.
- What is light?
- Where does light come from?
- How are shadows made?
- How do we see?
- What is a light source?
- How does light travel?
- How do we see colour?
- Does light travel through objects?
Use the resources below to do a little bit more research. These will help you choose the topics that you want to write about.
Add notes from your research to your plan.
BBC Bitesize Light Info - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zbssgk7
DK Find out Light Info - https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/search/light/
You will need to find and choose some diagrams to include in your final piece of writing too (these can be drawn).
Reading Challenge: Read a book with a main character who is a similar age to you.
You can read a book from home or if you don’t have one for the challenge use the link below to find one.
Go to https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Click on the button that looks like the one below
and sign in using
Maths starter answers:
1. 9 2. 7 3. 9 4. 8 5. 6 6. 6
Maths task answers:
30 ÷ 5 = 6 5 x 6 = 30
1) 24 ÷ 8 = 3 3 x 8 = 24
2) 32 ÷ 8 = 4
3) 36 ÷ 9 = 4